Monday, October 21, 2013

Manicure Monday: Gelish Inner Vixen

I haven't been splurging on manicures in a while. Partially because I thought getting a few too many no chip Shellac manicures in a row was going to deprive my nails of oxygen. I also have a terrible habit at picking off my manicures once they start to chip. This is something you should not do with Shellac! Alas, I picked off a few too many and decided to give my nails a break and let them heal and grow out. I probably went about three to four months without stopping in a salon, but last week after a particular hard day at work teaching elementary music classes, I decided to treat myself.

I stopped into a salon in my hometown. I have never been there before and stopped in because I read good reviews on Yelp. I felt a bit rushed and that they didn't do the best salon job (ie. no cuticle oil or lotion massage... that's my favorite part of the manicure!) but the manicure looked nice. I picked the shade from Gelish called "Inner Vixen" found here. I thought it looked very appropriate for fall!


It is a dark brown with a reddish sparkle to it in just the right light. I usually do not go for sparkle or shine in nail polishes, but I thought this looked very vampy! I loved the color. What I didn't love was that this manicure from this particular salon chipped and started to lift up within a week. I felt like it was just a regular manicure for more than twice the price! I think this was because the salon technician was rushing me out. However, I liked the color and would definitely choose that again. I might take a bit more of a manicure break at salons because I happened to pick off this polish too... I have to work on that habit!

What is your favorite nail color for fall? Leave us a comment below!

Love, Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment